What are possible consequences of riding a rollar coaster if I am maybe 8 weeks pregnant?

I recently went to an amusement park and it did not occur to me until I got in line what the consequences might be for riding. I took tests that gave me negative results but have not had my period for 2 months. I shrugged it off as maybe it was stress from work and had not given it much thought. If I am pregnant though, did I harm the embryo?

S_Bowling

Asked by S_Bowling at 5:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• doubt it,its the size of a pea!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• lol no i wouldent think so, i went on rides at the local fair till i was showing, my dr gave me the ok
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I went to Six Flags and rode all day not knowing I was about 4 weeks pregnant. No problems for me.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• no probably not
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 6:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I rode a roller coaster 1 week before i found out i was pregnant. MY son is now 15 no problems
    ladybug0614

Answer by ladybug0614 at 6:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• if you have morning sickness, it can make you puke even you don't normally LOL
    but other than that, you're fine :D
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• The possible side effect is throwing up. Checked with my OB because we were going on vacation right after I found out I was pregnant. He said during the 1st trimester, that sign is mainly there so they don't have to mop as often.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I rode everything at Universal Studios and Disney the week I found out I was pregnant down in Orlando.... I knew it was going to be my last vacation in a LONG time :P
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• thank you for all of your comments. I feel better now knowing that others have had similar experiences. :) and now that I think about it, I got the worst headache afterward so I guess it's time to take another home test.
    S_Bowling

Comment by S_Bowling (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Not that young no. Baby should be fine :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010