Is this true while walking/jogging it is not good to talk while doing it?

I heard it takes away of the energy you are putting out or did I miss understood. Personally I'd rather do what I have to do listening to my Ipod and when I am done then I'll talk...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Ask yourself how you feel on a scale of 1 - 10, as you're exercising. You want to be in the 6-7 range for 20-45 minutes in order to maximize your workout.

1. Effortless = watching television.
    2. Very light effort = brushing teeth, putting on makeup.
    3. Light effort = walking around the house.
    4. Light to moderate effort = taking a leisurely stroll.
    5. Moderate effort = taking a brisk walk. You can still carry a conversation
    6. Moderately heavy effort = perspiring lightly
    7. Heavy effort = breathing faster and deeper, and perspiring. Still able to converse, but you’d rather not
    8. Very heavy effort = so vigorous you're not sure you can continue for more than 15 minutes
    9. Extreme effort = peak level, must concentrate to keep up intensity, can't do for long
    10. Maximum effort. Most people never reach this level, and it is not advisable to do so.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• "if you are able to talk, you aren't working out hard enough to do any good" is what I've always heard and it makes sense to me
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've never heard that. However, they do say that if you are unable to hold a normal conversation while walking or running, you are working out too hard.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I was gonna say what DarkFaery said
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 6:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• agree with darkfaery.
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 6:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've been told the opposite. Thats its actually good to talk/sing while walking/jogging because it helps you breathe deeper and get more oxygen.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010