Have you even waxed your own eyebrows?

If you have, was it difficult? What did you use? Did it hurt more then at a salon? Did it work well? I find it difficult to get to a salon to get my brows waxed and wondered if it's something I could do at home.

JenE1098

Asked by JenE1098 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Health

• That's the only way I'll have it done.

I use these clear strips made by Sally Hansen that you don't have to heat up at all. My eyebrows never looked better. : )
    Sara.Robyson

Answer by Sara.Robyson at 7:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I haven't done it in a long time - I need to again! But yes, I have done it. You can get the kit at the drug store and it doesn't hurt more than a salon, but it's a little harder because it's hard to brace yourself for the pain and rip it off... I would see if you have a friend or if your DH would do it... It's still cheaper that way than the salon and easier than doing it yourself.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I did it a couple of times, but it didn't work out so well for me. I used a microwavable wax from Avon. The pain wasn't my problem, my problem was that I got in in my eyelashes when the wax dripped. And it didn't take all the hairs out so I ended up having to tweeze most of it anyway. I probably just didn't do it right, but I'm sure there are others who do it at home and it works well for them.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 6:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes I have. I cannot remember what they brand of the wax was but it was green and it looked like a lip gloss and it came with the little strips and wipes. It worked great. I wouldnt say it hurts anymore than at a salon, but be careful you dont get the wax anywhere else besides the places you want to wax. My mother one time was doing her own and waxed off half of her eye brown lol!
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010