Holy sh!t, what am I going to do?!

According to the mechanic we HAVE to spend about $1000 to fix my husband's truck. We don't have that. We just don't. We could MAYBE scrape it up to pay the mechanic, but in doing that we would totally screw ourselves for the forseeable future and not be able to give our renter back their deposit on our house. We don't have anyone to borrow money from and we couldn't repay it if we did. Every penny of our money coming in has somewhere to go, and none of it is extra. The problem is going to one car isn't really much of an option for us. I mean... it MIGHT work, but I will be missing appointments left and right and we will be spending a lot more money on gas because I will have to take him in to work to make my prenatal appointments, etc (I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant).

WTF am I going to do? Anyone have any ideas?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well, it sounds like you might have to just make do with your other car for now. We've had to do that before. It's not easy but you do what you have to do. 2 years ago, BOTH of our cars broke down at the same time and were in the shop and my husband needed to go to work. Thankfully, a friend of ours let us borrow a vehicle they were selling until ours were repaired.

You could try selling some stuff on ebay for some quick cash.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Get a 2nd opinion on the truck and see if you can work out a payment plan. Make the first car work for the time being (its an inconvenience, but be glad you have two vehicles). Then go through the house to start selling something, anything. I've learned the hard way to have cash stashed for exactly this type of thing...tough one we all have to learn. Good luck!
    mybratsmom

Answer by mybratsmom at 6:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm having money problems myslef- I'm thinking about taking out a small loan....
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I understand, we've been in these types of situations before. Do you have a friend that can take you to your doctor's appointments? Can you check with another mechanic to see if there's any way you could get the truck repaired for less? Will your mechanic take payments? Good luck, I know how you feel!!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 6:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• what about public transportation? bus are usually cheap to use
    3Mommy020810

Answer by 3Mommy020810 at 6:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• keep your chin up I know it is easy for me to say but you can only take it day by day. I will have you in my prayers... The lord works in mysterious way ;) and congrats on your baby. Everything will all come into place. Take Care!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 6:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No friends to take me to the appointments, we live 700 miles away from my family. We're SOL all by ourselves. No payments, no way to repair for less, the work that needs done is all crutial safety stuff. Or so he says. I'd take a job, but I'd spend everything I'd make in child care for my daughter and I'd only have a few weeks until I'd have to quit.

Ugh, this is hopeless.
    Ati_13

Comment by Ati_13 (original poster) at 6:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have a fantastic solution, I really do..I mean a business both of you can do will DEFINITELY make the money and then some...IT is completely legit with 38 years of proof. BBB A+ rated, NYSE publicly traded and Forbes top 200 list. If you want a real solution and want info feel free to message me.
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010