Sen Vitter is a birther? or an oppurtunist?

WASHINGTON – Louisiana Republican Sen. David Vitter says he supports conservative organizations challenging President Barack Obama's citizenship in court.

Vitter, who is running for re-election, made the comments at a town hall event on Sunday when a constituent asked what he would do about what the questioner said was Obama's "refusal to produce a valid birth certificate."

According to a video of the event, Vitter responded that he couldn't sue but that he supports others doing so.

He added, however, that the matter could distract from policy issues.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100712/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_republican_senator_birthers_1

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 6:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He has NEVER shown the Long Form Birth Certificate required to get a passport.

I wasn't REQUIRED to show this form when I applied for my passport--LAST YEAR! He showed a valid, legal CERTIFICATE of live BIRTH. This is a (drumroll please) birth certificate.

Gees, give it a rest already. The man is a legal and verified citizen. Arguments to the contrary really cast serious doubt on the intellect of those clinging to this rumor!
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I don't really care. Truth be he should have shown his birth certificate. The rules are the rules and I think everyone should have to prove anything required with real documents, not something put out on the internet.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Ass kissing the birthers? No wonder People are against incumbents. I would guess he answered in a way that was politically expedient. I mean, for some reason the answer "here is Obama's birth certificate" and the state of Hawaii verifying that it is a legal document is just not enough.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Stacy, What would that say to YOU, if YOUR candidate BELIEVED that the President isn't legit but is doing NOTHING about it?? LMAO!!
    ________________
    It would say to me that he is shining me on. In other words, bullshitting me.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• poor little incumbents running scared...

good.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Both I and my kids have a Certificate of Live Birth. That's all any of us have ever had. I do not have a SScard issued in the state I was born in. My parents didn't get me one until I was almost 2 years old. Unlike now, when you register for one when the BC is filed.

This argument will not be solved. Those who want to believe he is not American will never be satisfied. ANY politician that makes this an issue does not get my vote. This is a smokescreen issue - and the pres is not going anywhere for at least the next 2 years. Focus on the real issues, not the pot stirring ones to rile up your base.
    LiliM

Answer by LiliM at 2:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

He has and not just on the internet

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/birthcertificate.asp

http://www.ihavenet.com/Barack-Obama-Its-Official-Obama-Born-In-The-USA.html

Update, Nov. 1: The director of Hawaii’s Department of Health confirmed Oct. 31 that Obama was born in Honolulu. . . . The Associated Press quoted Chiyome Fukino as saying that both she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama’s original birth certificate.

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No, he hasn't shown his birth certificate. He showed a Certificate of Live Birth that was given at the time to people reporting births. He has NEVER shown the Long Form Birth Certificate required to get a passport. I don't know if he was born here or not, I do think the Long Form Cert should be required of all presidential hopefuls.

I do wonder though why he has a social security card issued by Connecticut.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

He has a PASSPORT! and has HAD ONE FOR YEARS ......

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2010