How do you give infants eggs?

My daughter is about 7 months old now, I just wanted to know at what age do they recommend giving eggs. I heard you are only suppose to give the yolk- so do I boil egg and just give yolk dry?

kittymom83

Asked by kittymom83 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you may want to wait a couple more months. the protien can be too much for babies that small to digest. i always hard boiled them and cut it up a little and let her sit in her chair and feed herself. she got kinda messy with it but she was learning how to eat.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My kids didn't have ANY solids that early on - not til at least 8-9 months. But when I did start on solids they both liked them scrambled. If you want to just do yolks, you can easily separate them and then just scramble yolks.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I always heard it was the egg whites to give them, but I didn't pay heed to that and just scrambled them up. LOL My family has no history of allergies so I didn't worry about that.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• at 7 months old i gave both my babies scrambbled eggs and toast in the am their fav still i think shell be ok if you give her whole egg my kids are just fine
    jennette0704

Answer by jennette0704 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• yup. cut it up and its ok. after I think 10 months then you can do the whites
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 6:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I never gave eggs until they were at least a year. The Dr's say just not the egg white but I felt that was too much work when there were other solid food options. Hope that helps!
    welte519

Answer by welte519 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• boil it and give them the YOLK only. that is the fatty part and babies need that beacause it's good fat. the same reason you give them whole milk (after 12mo) and not 2%
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yolks only until the first birthday! At around 10 months, I started giving my daughter a hard boiled egg yolk mixed with hummus.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• The american academy of pediatrics says then can have them after 6 months if there is no family history of allergy.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• it is yolks only and do be careful, watch for signs of allergies. My nephew has an egg allergy and NO ONE else in my family has an egg allergy.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2010