Should I call the doctor?

I took a nap for about 2 hours and when I woke up, I realized I havent payed attention if my baby has moved. Since ive been up he hasnt been moving alot like normal. Should I call the doctor? WHat can they do about it? Has anyone had a experience like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Drink something sugary and rub your belly. He/she should wake up. If you don't get any movement,then call.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• yes its called your awake your babies gonna sleep when you lay down to relax your baby will wake up and want to play!!!!! thats how kids work lay back down with your feet up for 30 minutes and watch dont stress they feel that just put a movie on get into it and he or she will start kicking away
    jennette0704

Answer by jennette0704 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It's normal for at times your baby not to move......he might be sleeping (I'm assuming that you're pregnant). The doctor would only be able to check the babies heartbeat or do an ultrasound but they normally only do this if you don't feel your baby move for a day or two. When I was pregnant my kids would go for hours without moving and then I'd get a little kick and they would stop moving again. Try not to stress, it's normal.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 6:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If your baby stops moving completely they do an U/S to make sure everything is ok. The baby slows down a lot in late pregnancy. As long as you don't go more than an hour stretch without feeling your baby at all, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 7:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010