Where can I work?

I have to find a job quick but I have no experience in anything My background is I got married had kids and now my dh says he needs my help financially our kids are in elementary now. I wouldn't know what to do or or where to work at I feel like I am out of touch of the world...I know I can take classes but we need the money now :( Help...thx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• Are there any local stores nearby? How about any classroom aide positions, or cafeteria staff positions at teh school? You might also be able to find positions at a local child care or a fast food resturant.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Have you considered childcare, housekeeping, pet sitting, or senior care? Take a look at care.com and sittercity.com. There might be some jobs listed in your area. You can pick and choose. Also, look at some of the providers' postings so you know what they charge and get ideas how to list your qualifications. Good luck!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Fast food places are always hiring. The turn over rate is crazy. It's not the best job, but it's money!! Good luck sweetie!
    sprout.martin

Answer by sprout.martin at 6:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• have you tried a temp agency? As long as you can type, file, book keep you can get a job... Check your local craigslist.com and check for some job postings... You might also think about being a nanny... That would be good if you have the patience... Good luck and God Bless you and your family!
    believejohn316

Answer by believejohn316 at 7:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I can help you if you want to message me your e-mail and stuff.;-)
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Remember, stay at home moms have lots of skills that employers value: time management, logistics, budgeting, etc. You probably also did some volunteer work, and picked up additional skills and experience (and professional references).

There are lots of tips and references in the CafeMom Job Hunting Moms group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/102837

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have some totally free options you might want to check out so that you can make money from home, I use them all myself: Earn Money Online

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Why not work from home? The benefits of starting your own home based business are great. You have tax write offs, you make your own schedule, get to be with your kids and hubby. Go to www.juiceplusvirtualfranchise.com or contact me if you would like more info or ideas. This business offers you bonuses plus your compensation to help you get off to a great start.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 12:08 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my almost 3 year old son, and 16 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:17 PM on Jul. 13, 2010