Ever been bullied by another parent because your kids looked a certain way (brand of clothes, shoes etc) or acted a certain way (boys doing girlie things, girls doing boyish things, etc)?

randerykah

Asked by randerykah at 7:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• my sister likes to put down my son and call him a pussy or a pansy all the time. My son is just very calm and sensitve. Her kids are freakin crazy and need ridlin. She teaches them to spit, hit, punch, and kick..then she throws them across the room when they do it to her. I am so serious. They are all nuts! It pisses me off though when she puts my son down just because i've taught him how to behave like a normal human being and not a wild maniac.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have been "looked down upon" by other parents before because of my children. Because we don't buy expensive clothing, they get dirty at the park, all kinds of things. When they say something, I just tell them they should pay more attention to their kids than other peoples. Usually their kid is the one on the playground or where ever getting hurt and the parent just doesn't care. This is just from experience, I'm not saying it's all of them.
    sprout.martin

Answer by sprout.martin at 7:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• no,but thats terrible!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Nope, and if I ever was, I wouldn't put up with it or associate with that person. Putting down someone's kid is pretty low.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• No thats ridiculous! In high school I never had any of that popular expensive stuff...my parents were too frugal for their own good and thought that stuff was wasteful.

I even drove a 1980's model Chevette ugggg....in 1997 mind you...lol.....

And guess what....I was homecoming queen, best personality, class secretary, and head majorette.

To me, "popular" stuff is stupid....I want my kids to like people based on their personality rather than their assets!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes I have. My son was a baby and had on soft crib shoes, they were mary jane styled but had big grey foxes on them. They were for boys. She said what a cute little girl and being my first born, I stupidly corrected her and said he's a boy thanks instead of moving on as I would now. She went on to say then why on earth is he is in little girl shoes are you trying to raise him with issues? I just looked at her and moved on speechless.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 7:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've been told that my son is going to be transgender when he grows up because I let him pee sitting down. That was just on the internet though. I've had a couple of preschool moms tease me about my son needing lots of hugs before I leave. One was just messing with me and that was fine. The other was being kind of bitchy about it so I told her he was just looking forward to me coming to pick him up after school because we were going out for Indian food. Her kid is crazy picky so pointing out how adventurous mine is was a little bit of revenge.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Never

Answer by rkoloms at 8:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010