s/o of the "cheese on broccoli question"

Now..I do like cheese on just about everything. I love cheese! But..what is with putting a slice of cheddar cheese on apple pie?! LOL! Does anyone do this? Is it really good? I worked in a 50's style diner when I was a teenager and a lot of older people would order this!

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 7:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Absolutely, especially if it is really, really sharp cheddar.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Ick! Ok, I know in my response to the other ? I vehemently declared my ♥ of cheese, but that's a bit much! lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It's a contrast thing - the sharper the cheese the better - it cuts the sweetness of the sugar/cinnamon and the apple without resorting to something that tastes overly salty. (it's really no different than needing chocolate when you eat popcorn at the movies and getting stuck in that salty/sweet cycle)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Lol, yea, but I don't put the chocolate ON my popcorn, haha. Still, I may try it. Ya never know what you may be missing. :)

When you're done with that, you seriously need to get around to the chocolate covered popcorn...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sharp cheddar on real apple pie is outstanding! It would not be good with canned filling.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I rather have ice cream on my warm apple pie!!!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 8:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Wouldn't it be similar to eating fruit and cheese? I don't know that i'd like it, but I could see it working....
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've heard of people doing this too, but never tried it. I prefer whip cream or vanilla ice cream on my apple pie!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i love cheese too, but ewww.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• ew..never heard of that..and i loooooooove me some cheese..but i wouldnt try that.,.
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010