Is it acceptable for a parent to bathe or shower with their child to save time and water?

JackieSuzanne

Asked by JackieSuzanne at 7:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depends on child's age. I occasionally do. My LO's are 4, 3, and 1.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would say yes until they reach the age that they start noticing different body parts
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 7:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Depends on age of kids. Taking a baby in with you is not an issue.
    Anonymous

• i think it depends on the age and gender of the child. my 3 yr old dd showers with me, but never her dad.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• both my kids bathe with me. mainly b/c they bust into the bathroom strip and jump in. lol DS is 2 and DS is 3.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think it's fine as long as the child is not noticing the differences between a boy and girl yet.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have both of my daughters shower with me, they are young though and I am teaching them how to do it on their own.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My husband and I both shower with our boys, they're 3 and 17months, like not all the same time lol, one of us is usually outside to help and take the kids out when they're clean. I think the time is getting close for me to stop showering with my 3yr old though, it's all very innocent, but he's starting to notice differences, but it's so much easier to just throw them in the shower with us than to fill the tub, get out the baby tub, etc. I don't see anything wrong with it when they're young.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2010