What's your opinion of a child with an unusual hairstyle, like a Mohawk or dyed hair?

JackieSuzanne

Asked by JackieSuzanne at 7:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wonder if it is the child's wishes or the parents.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 7:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i think it's cute. if i have a boy and he wants one i'll even let him pick the color.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• its hair, i could care less..lol...ive put pink, red and purple streaks in my daughters hair (all different times), and not the kind that washes out..i did that when she was 4-5. she loved it!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Honestly, I don't think much about it. It's hair, whatever the wacky style, it can be changed as it grows.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My son has a mohawk right now and he loves it. I wont dye my kids hair though. When they're in high school they can dye their hair. Right now it's so perfect.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• A differnet color I don't agree with just b/c it damages the hair, but I think any cut is fine. It shows the parent isn't so afraid of people's opinions that they don't let their child express themselves.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• The parents alowed it. That is what I think.

Answer by louise2 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It can be really cute..............gives them a say in how they look and feel about themselves.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My boys beg and beg to have Mohawks. For 2 weeks every summer (right after school lets out) I'll let them have them, of course they're only 8 & 7 so they think it's really cool!
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 7:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It really is just hair. I have a friend who's son has a mohawk and he thinks it is the coolest thing when daddy puts gel in his hair.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010