Weight Loss?

My husbands home coming ball or whatever is October 1st. Soooo I need to lose about 15 lbs by September 15th. I would love to lose 30 but that isnt realistic. So, I am going to start weight watchers NEXT WEEK, as soon as my CYS paperwork is ALL done :) . I am also going to start doing the couch to 5k work outs, and going to they gym hopefully 5 times a week. I will start P90X in August. Does anyone have other suggestions? I am not doing this just for the ball, but because I want to be healthy again.

ArmyWifeAshlie

Asked by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Health

• I lost 30 lbs. the first 6 mos. I was on WW's, so I think you could easily loose the 15 you want, by that alone....they DO incorparate exercise into their regular rutine.

Don't kill yourself by doing too much, or you might get fustrated and quit.

Good Luck :)
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 8:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Good luck! I don't really have any advice for you but I'm in the same boat. I am in a wedding in November and I want to lose weight before then. My DH and I just joined a gym on Saturday so I'm hoping I can keep myself motivated. I'm really intrigued by the P90X but it is so expensive.
    cjsjellybean

Answer by cjsjellybean at 8:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am able to get the dvds for free through a friend. I am just concerned about getting too carried away because i have a history with eating disorders. But thats where WW comes in for me, it regulates things better. Its going to be hard to get to the gym all the time since my husband is coming home from deployment soon, and we have leave shortly after, but I think I can stay on track! :)
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 8:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Honestly- WW isn't much different from calorie counting. I did WW online a few years back and it I compared it to sparkpeople.com- which is free- and spark people was better for me because I could track not only calories but nurtrients like calcium, magnesium, vit.d, vit. e, etc- I have a history of bone disease in the family so I like to know I am doing my part with good nutrition.
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 8:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I like ww because it gives you tools to use in your life. thanks for the suggestion, I will use it for recipes :)
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Comment by ArmyWifeAshlie (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010