Have you ever had an intelligent conversation with someone who didn't do so well in college?

annalem

Asked by annalem at 8:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, my mom: she didn't go to college. My son, he has taken a few online classes, but isnt' interested in traditional college. And probably some of the moms I talk to on here.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes, of course. Not everyone is cut out for college.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sure hon. Plenty of people. Intelligence can be achieved outside of a classroom too. I think I'm pretty smart and I never went. Is that anon still bothering you?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• oh yes! ive had intelligent convos with people that didnt finish highschool. :O)
    anabele

Answer by anabele at 8:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My mom didnt finish her degree, but is one of the smartest people I've ever met. You can learn outside of a school setting, and I happen to feel that life experience can educate someone better than a classroom in some instances. I only finished a semester of college, yet I can carry on an intelligent conversation with people attending some of the best universities in the country.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 8:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Of course!!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Of course. My DH and my grandfather are two of them.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've known some very well educated people who couldn't hold a conversation to save their lives. Intelligence isn't always something that can be bought with a degree... book smarts, maybe- but there are a lot of very intelligent people out there that have never stepped foot in a university.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• All the time with my husband. He didn't go to college.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes. Some of the dumbest people I know went to college,and some of the smartest didn't, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2010