TTC but I keep getting infections such as bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections etc, does anyone know if hydrogen peroxide kills sperm?

I am trying to conceive with my husband, but I keep getting bacterial infections etc from his sperm. I have had BV many times over the last four years, and been to the doctor at least 50 times. They meds they prescribe do no help . So I took matters into my own hands, joined a few forums online and got a lot of advice from many other women suffering from the same thing. Out of all the natural home remedies, Hydrogen Peroxide rinses are the only thing that works for me. I used this to clear it up, and it worked amazingly. The only thing that will give me BV is if a man ejaculates inside of me. Will now that we are trying to conceive this is unavoidable. Does anyone know for certain if Hydrogen Peroxide will kill sperm? Because this is not what at this point lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• probably.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Have you tried changing your husbands diet? I worked with a Urology group for a while. I remember the Dr. telling some of the couples to change his diet to avoid acids and see if that didn't help. Several called or came back announcing they were pregnant. H2O2(peroxide) would be damaging to sperm. It is also changing the Ph of your vagina. Perhaps the diet change for both of you may help.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Well thanks a lot butterflyblue, but that is not really helpful. If you dont know for certain, I would appreciate it if you didnt answer at all. Thanks!
    chinadoll25

Answer by chinadoll25 at 8:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Honey, u just have to ask your doctor.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Thanks GrnEyedGrandma! I know that it changes the PH level of my vagina lol. Thats why it works for a lot of women when trying to cure Bacterial Vaginosis. It gets the PH levels back to normal, but it doesnt destroy the good bacteria in the vagina at the same time.
    chinadoll25

Answer by chinadoll25 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• devil

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes hydrogen peroxide will kill the sperm. Anything you insurt into your put in your vagina is going to kill the sperm. Again where the hell is the anon button when you need it. BTW world.,... this is THE LAST personal health question I am answering until I earn the anon button. =P You hear me, Cafe Mom powers-that-be?!?!?

You need to alter the Ph and bacterial makeup of both you and hubby. BOTH of you need to take a good quality prebiotic 2x a day. Both of you need to take folic acid. And both of you need to take cranberry capsules 2x a day. My husband went on a diet and I started having problems. Turns his diet had raised the Ph of his ejactulate which was big trouble for me. When I got his spooge more acidic, my problem went away.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Thanks a lot Karmamille, you were very helpful. But we have not been trying to concieve for years or anyhing, just two months, so its not like were having major problems, I just keep getting the BV. He has already been treated for it to make sure were not spreading it back and forth. He is on a very health diet as well as I am. But for the record, normal vaginal douches do not kill sperm, in fact they can push the sperm further into the vagina and help it on its way to the egg. If anything inserted into your vagina killed sperm, then people would not need the day after pill etc.
    chinadoll25

Answer by chinadoll25 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Also there is such a thing as being "allergic" to your partners sperm. A RE could help you more with this, but bascially what they generally have you do is go back to using condoms to avoid exposure. Some women are able to keep things a bay by only occasionally coming in contact their their partners sperm, while others have go pregnant via inter uterine insemination to avoid having a reation to their husbands sperm
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Ok well good luck. sounds like you don't need any help from us.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 8:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010