How do you feel about cats roaming the neighborhood?

I'm talking about pets not strays.

Personally it drives me crazy and I find it incredibly rude. I don't let my dog poop in your yard why is it okay for your cat to do that? Not to mention the damage they've caused to my garden.

Just curious if anyone else finds this rude.

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 8:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it is rude,and dangerous for the kitties

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Cats roam, it's what they do. I find it irresponsible to keep a cat indoors their entire life.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I do not have any problems with animals roaming, this is what they do.

Answer by older at 8:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I HATE cats. Pets AND strays!

But yes, I believe that people should keep their pets on their property. Not only for aesthetic purposes, but also for the safety of the pet, the owners (from any germs it may bring home), and others in the neighborhood.
    MamaRae85

Answer by MamaRae85 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• explain to me, please, how exactly you propose to keep a CAT on one persons property, without locking it up in an unnatural environment its entire life?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Around here I think it's great since they keep away the mince and snakes.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 8:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• A "cat run" works. My aunt puts her cat in one so he can get some outside time

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• "Cat run".... You mean, 'Cage'? STILL an unnatural environment.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My county in NC has a leash law for all animals. Cats have to be on a leash, in a yard, or under the owners control. Your roaming cats would be in "jail" in my county.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We've had cats forever. We got all of our cats as kittens. All of our cats were abused in one form or another. Matter of fact the cat now laying next to me was found at my husbands job. He rescued this cat ( Then a Kitten) after fellow employees kept throwing it in the road taking bets on how many cars would pass by before one hit it. Now back to the question. None of our cats want to go out side because I feel they somehow remember bad things can happen out there. I have tried even to get them to go out on the screen porch with no sucess. We have plenty of things for them indoors to keep them happy. Plus my kids love and entertain them. So no I believe cats unlike some dogs are not street smart and will get killed. Some people even believe cats are throw away pets, meaning if the get hit by a car oh well. So I believe cats should remain indoors.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010