spider bite or what? maybe staph?

my 2 yr old has a bite on her butt that takes up overhalf her buttcheek. its really red and really big..has somewhat of a head on it but not exactly. its like an egg under her skin...any idea what this could be? she has appntmt tomorrow but im worried!!!

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 9:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• mrsa often looks like a boil with a hole in the center. idk, without a picture, but good luck at the dr appt.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• ' MD had us draw a circle around the red zone to watch for change~if it gets bigger you want to know~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Depending on when you noticed it, it could be a bite- drawing a line around the red zone is always the first thing I do, so that I know if it has gotten bigger. I am DEATHLY allergic to most insect bits/stings/arachnid bites/etc. One of my children is too... Watch for any changes in behavior, if she starts wheezing, take her to the ER IMMEDIATELY- you may only have minutes at that point.

My reactions are not immediate, and may take as long as 12 hours to present. It's effing scary.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It could be a bite or just a little pimple that got infected.... it sounds like she has what is called CELLULITIS... and infection of the skin. It could easily be a staph infection. If it gets any bigger or she has fevers I wouldn't wait until your appointment. In the mean time... put warm wash clothes on it to try to bring it to a head.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sounds like MRSA. Dh had it a couple of months ago. We thought it was a spider bite. Take her to the dr. asap.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2010