Do you find it hard to take care of yourself? What are some things you deprive yourself of to make more time for your kids?

JackieSuzanne

Asked by JackieSuzanne at 9:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• Everything. I can't tell you how many times I've walked out the door to go to some event like Christmas at grandma's or church, or a reunion and my kids and husband are all ready and look good, and I am dressed and hair is done, and then I realize I didn't put my makeup on. This is just an example of how I constantly forget about me because I'm so focused on everyone else all the time.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 9:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• When my children were small I didn't have time or money to get my hair cut. I'd go about once a year. My father hated my hair, but I just couldn't get it cut or styled.

Answer by Bmat at 9:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• LOL A shower at a normal time of day, as in the morning. Make up, wear it once a week to church, or if I have time to put it on for play group or something else out of the house. I haven't bought a nice outfit either since before either of them were born. I can't afford it, or when we can, I just buy something cheap at Walmart, cause it's going to get ruined anyways LOL I also deprive myself of meals, not intentionally of course. But I rarely get to eat a hot meal, or all of a meal at a sitting. When my husband is home (few and far between with his work being away) he always makes sure I get to sit and eat and he takes care of our toddler LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2010