If u have young kids under 6 would u work day or night

At what time do u feel like u would want to leave ur kids n feel ok at work

supermom2005

Asked by supermom2005 at 9:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• If I had to work, I guess during the day. Like early morning. A 7-3 kind of thing. So that I would have some time with them. But I stay at home with them because I will never get these years or memories back.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:35 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am a teacher and I went back to work when my son was 3 months old. I had him at the end of May (completely unplanned) and I went back to the school year. I have a wonderful woman who is like a adoptive grandmother to him babysitting him while I am at work.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I've done both. I've worked days, evenings, and nights during 3rd shift. When she's in pre-school, evenings are the worst. I never saw her, I went to work before she got home and got home after she was in bed. :-( At least on 3rds, I could sleep while she was at school and go to work after she went to bed. :-) Given a choice, I'll take the day time.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i think i would work a swing shift. maybe 5 pm-1or 2am that way i would be able to sleep atleast 6 hours at night at not miss the funnest part of they day (morning) with my kids. they are all so cheery in the morning and grumpy when they get tired that i would rather be there at their happiest. luckily i am able to stay home with mine.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have a 5 yr old and a 4 month old. I work nights 3PM-10PM. It works for our family.
    Cassidysmom611

Answer by Cassidysmom611 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm going back to work here soon - I can't wait! I'll be working Friday and Saturday from 8pm til 4am... By far it's my favorite shift, always has been. And the kids sleep through most of my being gone.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I worked night shift, I picked up the kids from school everyday, helped them with their homework, they helped cook dinner, we had our family time, and when they went to bed, so did I for another nap before going to work.
    roundnround

Answer by roundnround at 10:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm a teacher and work days. I have a 3 yo and a 2 month old.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am a WAHM so work during the day and into the night.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:14 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I worked during the day when my daughter was small. I had the opportunity to establish a career, and get a great jump on savings for college and retirement. Now that she is a teen, I work for myself, and have a lot of flexibilty in my schedule.

I didn't miss out on her childhood; she didn't miss out by having working parents; she was a very early reader

Answer by rkoloms at 5:29 AM on Jul. 13, 2010