so would you...

let your bf or dh be friends with an ex?

I wouldent, iv been there and dont that and they ended up going back with their ex's it happend 2 times when i was younger. good thing my dh hates his ex!!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Ex's are Ex's for a reason.

Since I do not have anything to do with any of my ex's.. I expect the same from my husband...and vice-a-versa.

It's not really an issue, well to me anyway, of lettting or allowing.. It's a matter of having mutual respect for one another, our feelings, and where we are at this point and time in our lives.. Ex's are the past, we are living in the present.. Ex's need to stay in the past.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 9:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't "let" him do anything. I'm his wife, not his mom. He's an adult, not some child. I trust him, that's why I married him. If there's no trust, then you have nothing. And even if the ex wants more, I would still tryst him to make the right choice. If I didn't have that basic trust, then we wouldn't be together. Nothing good comes from jealousy.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• well i'm not his mom. he can be friends with whomever he wants, luckily the exes i have a problem with he does too. i'm friends with one of my exes and he knows it. one of his exes is a mutual friend and i went to school with her husband.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Absolutely not.
    No, no no, lol. I believe that is a slippery slope just asking for trouble.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 9:48 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm friends with most of my ex's, so I have no problem with it. People can be friends after a relationship has ended.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My DH is friends with one of his exes. They were friends for years and when they both in between relationships, they decided to try dating each other. It only lasted a couple of months and they decided that they were better off friends. This happened several years before we got together. I have no doubt they are nothing but friends.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i would be very uncomfortable and it would probably hinder my full trust. however if it was important for him to have that particular friendship i would TRY to give them a chance to build the trust for the situation. accept for one of them. i just dont like what i have heard of her and it would be her i could not trust.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 9:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I do not believe in ex as friends. Even if they have kids together.

Answer by louise2 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• How, exactly do you "Let" him be friends with someone? That implies control, and distrust, which have no place in a healthy relationship between two emotionally mature, rational people.

I do not dictate anyones friends but my childrens, and even that is done solely on the basis of safety.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• AMEN KIWI!!!!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010