8 month old spitting?

This is weird, she just started spitting this last week. Is this normal? Like a new thing she'll do for a little while then move on to the next thing? There isn't anything icky getting in her mouth.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 9:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My girly does this! It's funny...she makes a cute noise when she does it, too. It must just be interesting for her to do.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My DD dd that for a while at about that age. I just ignored it and it stopped. Another week it was sticking out the tongue etc. Baby is just exploring!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 10:00 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• What an annoying phase! When my daughter was this age, she had just started blowing raspberries. We were flying home from visiting my spouse's family in New Jersey, missed our flight, and were on the standby list for a later flight. We were given seats in the back row, and were the last ones on the plane. Alyssa started blowing raspberries while we were going to the back of the plane; she was in the backpack, and we could get her to stop spitting on everyone in an aisle seat. I was mortified!!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My dd is 8 months old.  She has been doing this for weeks.  She thinks its amusing.  The worst part is she has been doing it when I feed her, so I have been wearing peas, peaches etc.  It has slowed down a little in the last couple of days, so hopefully she will move on to something else that amuses her.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• my little boy did it and then moved on after a couple of weeks
    MommyOfTwo20708

Answer by MommyOfTwo20708 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010