DS fighting sleep...

anyone else going through this? my ds is 3.5 months old. all day today i think he's slept a total of 1.5 hours, and he'll only sleep if i'm holding him. he's wide awake as soon as i set him down. then when i'm trying to get him to sleep, when he starts to doze off he starts screaming then arching his back and trying to wiggle out of my arms! even though he's full and has a clean diaper. he just finally feel asleep, of course i'm holding him. but he keeps peeking at me...silly lil guy. he fights soo bad, always afraid he's gonna miss something! lol.

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 10:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've bee doing this for six and a half months.... Dd is getting better though. It works better if we let her get too tired. Not screaming mad sleepy but pretty close. I make her a really warm bottle then as soon as she is done I stick in the paci and she is usually out within 15 min. I don't put her down until I know she's competely out (she spits out the paci). If she wakes up when I put her down and is crying I woll give the paci back and try to let her CIO. But it usually doesn't work. If she's not crying I just let her lay there until she goes back to sleep. But I feel you. She does everything she can to fight sleep. I'm just hoping she will grow out of it!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My son has been like that since birth. He is nearly 6yrs old and still fights sleep. He is a high-needs/spirited child, and I am in a wonderful group with other moms who have children like mine.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3326
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• sometimes it just happens off and on. my dd has had a few days, and even a few weeks, like that.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am going through this with my DS who is 4 months. I finally got out the Swaddle Me blanket and OMG it works great!! I put him in it every night and send it with him to my SIL on the day I work,. I don't want him to get so he always needs it but we were to the point where I would ahve to sit and hold him while he slept.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 12:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2010