What do you think about toddlers being sooo spoil by grandmothers

Sometimes when your kid CANT eat chocolate or treats because she/he is sick, then when you take it to their grandmother and grandfather house they start giving the kid a treat and sometimes grandmothers dont understand that the kid is SICK and just cant eat it!
I love to spoil my kids but not all the time like grandmothers!
BUT I AM NOT AGAINST GRANDMOTHERS SPOILING THEIR GRANDCHILDRENS ONCE IN A WHILE.

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 10:29 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• grandparents are ment to spoil there children, all of the time.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Unless the doctor said that the child can not eat this or that... who cares. If grandma is too spoiling... dont take him/her over there until they are well. If you KNOW what grandma is going to do and you take the chlld over anyway...... then who is really at fault???
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• My mom use to feed my dd nothing but junk... cheetos, oreos, ice cream, ect, all day! Then she would laugh and tell me about it. I finally had to put my foot down and tell her that it wasn't ok! Surprisingly, she respected my wishes! THX MOM:)
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think it would be irritating but at this point I would be happy to be able to take the kids to visit their grandparents often. We live on the other side of the country from both sets and rarely get to see them
    Jadegirl1819

Answer by Jadegirl1819 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• that's what grandparents are for. my grandparents spoil us still, and now my mom spoils my kids. nothing wrong with that.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• YES i think all grandparents spoil ther grandkids and that's why they are for right? SO I think you guys make me think better about all this.
    BlueballandKids

Comment by BlueballandKids (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I do not think we spoil them.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yes, grandparents spoil the kids. In our house, we know that if the kids spend extended amounts of time with either grandma (over night or longer) they will need at least a couple of days to get back to the normal life. Our oldest has finally out grown this (but she's 15) however our youngest comes home whiney, disrespectfully and usually with a stomach ache.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2010