Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when applying for welfare.. is a copy of a birth cert. okay or do u need the real thing?

and do u need both yours and your dh birth cert. .... thank u!!!!!!!!

Answer Question

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 10:30 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 14 (1,405 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • here in mi u need the real thing

    Answer by DeeMarie87 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • you have to have a certified copy with a seal stamp. and probably your husbands too. and probably your kids.

    Answer by jennifer588 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • In IN a copy is ok, or you can take in the real thing and they'll make a copy

    Answer by Georgie0502 at 10:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • copy usually is all they want. but I take the real thing in just in case they wnt to see it was copied and not some one elses.

    Answer by JuneWestling at 10:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • Oh and it doesn't have to be notarized or anything. At least, we've yet to have a problem. We always get refused, so I don't know if it would make a difference further down the line or not.

    Answer by Georgie0502 at 10:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • You need to bring in the real thing and yes, you need one for each member of the household that you are applying for....thats in Ohio. All states have different rules.

    Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

  • The "REAL" thing stays with the town in which the child (or yourself) was born, they give you a copy. The copy usually costs around $5 (give or take)
    When applying for anything with the state you usually need a copy from the town with the seal.

    Answer by at 6:04 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.