what would you do about a nosey in law?

My in laws come to my house and look through my cabinets fridge and my closets !and when asked what they are doing they just say I'm looking around

ilove.w.a.m.p

Asked by ilove.w.a.m.p at 10:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I wouldn't allow them in my home if they did that.
    Seriously, my DH and I went on vacation and they were going to come over to check on stuff while we're gone, get the mail etc...and when I came back, they had gone into our basement and looked around, picked up my sisters' pictures and reorganized and categorized my baby food jars.....crazy!!!!!! I was REALLY upset. My BIL also came over and took some of our movies home, and even "chilled" in our house to watch movies.....UGH!
    We won't EVER give them a key. I keep the doors locked so if they come over I totally DON'T answer the door if I don't feel like it.
    THAT'S what you do if your in laws are nosey. Have DH tell them they shouldn't be like that either!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• That sucks! My mother in law is nosey too but my hubby doesn't let me say anything. Good luck.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:33 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'd tell them to buzz off that it's completely disrespectful or I'd go to their house and do the same. If it bothers them good, show them that it bothers you too. If it doesn't bother them... might as well give up. People like that don't often change. :(
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010