How to tell if your child is ready for preschool?

BlueballandKids

Asked by BlueballandKids at 10:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Potty-trained would be the big thing.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Also, are they able to leave you without a meltdown? Do they have separation anxiety?
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• We started mothers day out last year. My daughter is 2... she did so good that we are moving her into "Wee-School" which is a Pre-K3 program here. The only rules are they need to be potty trained. We are pretty much potty trained... but I have no idea how she does with out me around. PP talked about meltdowns, they prob. will meltdown.. but they will get used to being somewhere with out you around. It is more fun in Pre-school not so much formal.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:37 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't send my kid to preschool until they were at least 4yrs old(the yr before kindergarten). I don't understand why people think their kids need to go to preschool to go to preschool!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 11:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Your child doesn't have to be potty train some preschool will help out with potty train your child I know the school in my area are willing to help but your child doesn't have to go to school at 3 your child can wait until there 4 to and then once they are done preschool they will enter pre k before going into kindergarten but it's up to you to think if you child is ready or not. I would look at some preschool in your area and take your child alone to see how they reacte being in a diffrent place with lots of new faces and see how she does.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 13, 2010