a 2nd baby shower???

this is my step sisters 2nd baby (and her daughters only 2)... she has EVERYTHING from clothes to a carseat, the crib, bouncy seats like everything and shes having another baby shower. I have never heard of such a thing but dont people not get a shower for 2nd 3rd 4th babies????
I wouldnt mind a get together to celebrate but a whole nother shower?? I am NOT jealous or anything but I dont wanna feel obligated to buy for someone who has everything for the baby she needs. She is just the greediest person I have ever met and always wants more.

LoveIsBeingAMom

Asked by LoveIsBeingAMom at 10:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I believe every baby should be celebrated, no matter what you call the get together. If I knew it was a 2nd shower, and the child was the same sex as the first, id bring diapers. And maybe another gift, depending. If you think all she is being is greedy, don't contribute. Simple! :)
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2010

• I don't know, I had 2 baby showers for my first child, and 1 for my second. Usually the mom-to-be isn't the one throwing the shower, so it's really up to whoever is hosting. I remember for my second child (and another friend of mine) we didn't ask for any specific items (we didn't register for stuff) people just came and brought stuff that doesn't always last to be handed down (diapers, onsies, lotions, etc.). Just go and have fun!
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 10:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Is she having another girl?
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• yes its another girl
    LoveIsBeingAMom

Comment by LoveIsBeingAMom (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• more like tacky ... but I'm jealous ... I want another one!!! ... but it is kinda tacky
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I don't see what's wrong with it. If someone wants to throw her a shower that their business. You don't have to bring a gift. Although, if she's your step-sister, I would think you would want to give the new baby a present from her aunt.
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think it depends, I had two and my two were 15 months apart. I was given a second by friends who wanted to give me one cause they missed out on the first. if your stepmom is having a second ,she should put in invotations that this is a second shower and if someone gave to the first baby they are not obblegated to give to the second one . IF they like they can help share expensive of the party itself
    dodie_s

Answer by dodie_s at 10:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If someone else, besides herself, is willing to throw her one, then it would be ok.......
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• IMO, it is kind of tacky unless you have a completely separate/difference group of friends between pregnancies. For example, you move or change jobs, or have a very long period to time between children and the new friends want to throw you a shower.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:50 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think throwing a party and celebrating should be done for every child that is born into the world. You can go to this party and not bring a gift but just like Katt709 said you would think you would want to give this new baby a present as you are her Aunt?
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010