Are you the type of female that has to have a career and family too? or one or the other?

Can you think that today's woman can have a career and a home life with the husband kids and pets, or do you think they should only have a career or only a family life?

jesussaves58

Asked by jesussaves58 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have both and love it. It's very hard at times and my house is generally messy but we make it work for us
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Right now I have my family and I am raising my kids before they reach school age ... however, when they are in school the majority of the day I hope to have a career ...
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i think women should be able to choose for themselves. if they want both and are willing to work for it then more power to them! i'm focusing on my family right now, when my kids get in school i'll be going back. right now i feel i'm needed in the home more than outside it, and i'm very happy with that.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• This is one of the strangest questions! What is your point? Why should women not have the same goals as men?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:51 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Well.. I guess I would have to say yes.

Mainly because I did have/pursue a career before I had a family. And continued to work for 10 years after I had a child.

So my personal experience is that SOME women can have both at the same time, if they want to.. But by no means do I believe that each and every woman should or could do so.

We all have our own goals. Our own strengths.. Our own weaknesses. Our own desires in regards to how we want to live. And our own views in regards to what is important to us.. Each woman should choose to live her life in whatever manner is best for HER and makes HER happy.. And in turn works best for her family and makes them happy.. I do honestly believe that, that HER happiness in some areas of life must come first, or else she will not be a happy person in general, which in turn will work against her being the best she can be in whatever she chooses that includes being the best wife/mom/
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 10:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I have both subtract the husband
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 10:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I believe it takes a special woman to be able to have both and still focus on both as much as she needs to. I'm not that special, lol. I'm raising my kids and taking care of my husband. I might get a job after the kids older.
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am going to school to work on my career goals and I have my family life as well. I'm only 18 so I have some years to get the career together, I'm in very early stages...COLLEGE stage :)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It depends on the individual. Some women can be it all, whereas other women can't handle both at the same time. That's why some women don't have children until they're in their 30's, because they needed/wanted that success in their career first. That is also why some women don't get into a career until after their kids are grown, because they wanted to raise their family first. It depends on the individuals drive, will, and want. If they want to have it all then they have to have the drive and will to work for it all. If they don't, then they don't.

I personally want a career and a family, but right now I have just the family. I am happy with that, but it isn't all that I want.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Well, I'd like to die knowing that I succeeded at a career, yes. I've raised two children and one has children of her own now. I've done the kid thing, now I want a career of my own.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010