My Baby

My baby is 6 months old and i have noticed that when she falls assleep at night, her neck gets cold, and her forehead, during the daytime she is fine. What can it be ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Probably just a quirk. I assume she has clothes or a blanket on right? So her neck and forehead are exposed to air and get cooler.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am not sure but I would bring this up to your peditrician. Hope this helps.
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 10:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• my dd has always been the oposite. she sweats when she sleeps. when she gets tired her head gets really warm.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• That's interesting. It could be a ciruclation issue. It depends on how cold it gets, whether she loses color in those areas, and if there is any return of color if you were to press gently on her forehead. For example, if you press on your hand it turns white and then the color comes back. That shows the circulation is working and the blood flows back to the area. If that isn't happening when you press on her forehead or neck it could be a serious circulation issue. Not to scare you, just informing you.

It also could be a weird fluke. Some children get sweaty at night. Some children get super cold. It is most likely just that. Unless her temprature in those areas drop to a really low level it is most likely nothing. Bring it up with your OB at your next appointment.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:59 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Yeah definitely bring it to the attention of your Pediatrician!
    JKBsMommy

Answer by JKBsMommy at 12:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2010