Can you get pregnant while being on birth control?

have been on BC for almost a year, taking in on time everyday. Had sex while ovulating. Does that higher chances any?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you can only get pregnant if you are ovulating, and yes, you can get pregnant on birth control. If your period comes late or is different than usual, you might want to get a pergnancy test just to make sure- because if you are pregnant, you do not want to continue taking the BC pills- it is bad for the fetus.

Answer by cmlowery at 5:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• You surely can and I am sure there are Moms on here who have.

• This is not to scare you, but I had unprotected sex for years with my ex spouse and then a long term boyfriend. I recently started birth control and have gotten pregnant twice while taking the pill religiously.

I am vert happy to be pregnant but I believe that if you don't want to get pregnant than a condom is also necessary.

Answer by girlneffy at 6:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I am the proud product of 2 forms of birth control usage!!!  Birth control pills and the foam method.....My mom said that I was definitely meant to be!!! LOL

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:52 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Yeppers, nothing if fool proof!

Answer by kwazylisa at 11:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• my mom says that and a bottle of tequila sunrise is how i got here.

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• iam 21 i have two kids i decided to go on birth control and 6 months later i found out iam pregnant with my third child so it really depends on ur boby and the birth control u r using

Answer by NANA_22 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2008

• not trying to start drama but you can get pregnant at any time not just when you are ovulating!!!!!! you can een get pregnant when you are on your period and when you are breastfeeding!

in ref to the BC--- you can but it very unlikely... they are like 98% effective....however... if you dont take it regular then it will make you more fertile!

Answer by hendrickson at 4:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• A little late but both my children where conceived while I was on BC

Answer by 98mom07 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 30, 2008