Does anyone have any ideas on what to do with a SIL that acts like a total brat if she doesn't get her way?

It could be anything you tell them no about, or even maybe! Like tonight she asked us if it would be okay if our youngest could go over to their grandparents house so our eldest can go to vacation bible school. We said, yeah.. but I will have to go over there too. I have dialysis tomorrow and can't be left alone after. That and I get real sick. Anyway, she got all mad and just stormmed off. She does stuff like that all the time when she doesn't or thinks she's not getting her way. I have no idea what to do about it or how to handle it when she does act like that. Any thoughts?

soonmommyof3

Asked by soonmommyof3 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine is that way too.Also,she always has to be better than anyone else at everything...housework,yardwork,raising kids,pets,etc.And if you're sick,she's sicker...if you're in pain,hers is worse.Is irritating,but I try to take it in stride and mainly ignore her crap best I can.I try to focus on the good things about her,but it's not easy sometimes.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 11:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Give her one strait to the nose....bet shell straiten up real quick
    TexasPride85

Answer by TexasPride85 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• you dont want my opinion!!! lol
    brandoneaglemom

Answer by brandoneaglemom at 11:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i have a sil that is exactly the same way. if she doesnt get her way she will try to ruin everything for everyone else too. we all ignore it, even her own parents. it doesnt make it go away but it's not worth worrying over.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Don't play around with her ! she needs to grow up and be an adult ! if she wants a relationship with you tell her she needs to put on her big girl pants and be prepared quit the fits or the deal is off.
    dodie_s

Answer by dodie_s at 11:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• ha ha ha Texas! i'v felt like doing that several times!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Trying to reason with her when she is like that is very hard. She will shout at you her thoughts on the matter, then storm off so you can't say anything. I'm not gonna case her down either.

Don't play around with her ! she needs to grow up and be an adult ! if she wants a relationship with you tell her she needs to put on her big girl pants and be prepared quit the fits or the deal is off.

soonmommyof3

Comment by soonmommyof3 (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Oh how I wish:)

Give her one strait to the nose....bet shell straiten up real quick
    soonmommyof3

Comment by soonmommyof3 (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010