I need help with the whole enema thing if you ever done it.

I tried everything and I do mean everything on trying to go to the bathroom and then the dr told me to do the marlax which didn't work either. I don't know if I should call the dr ot try the enema first? But I was achually wanting to know if I do the enema then will I be in the bathroom all day? How often will I go that day? Will it make it where I wont be able to control it? How does that work? I haven't ever done one before.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in About CafeMom

• You just use the bathroom until u no longer have too
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Miralax takes time to work, so if you are in need now, an enema or even a suppository may be better. For an enema, they are supposed to work right away, so after you administer it, then hold it for the requisite amount of time, you should empty out in one sitting.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I loved my miralax, it worked wonders, use an enima and continue to take the miralax daily, it will help!
    college.mom

Answer by college.mom at 11:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• They work quickly and stop when you are cleaned out. Minutes not hours

Answer by admckenzie at 11:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• op here the doctor said it takes 1-3 days for the maralax and it didn't work I took it 2 times and waited the 3 days. Am I supose to keep taking it? I only take it once
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010