How many of you are single moms?

And if so how hard is it?

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 11:09 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• it is the vibe of the relationship that is hard when it is "bad"...the best thing about being solo is that vibe is not present...of course that good man vibe isn't here either.

but a joyful house is my goal~I have to keep up my strength, plan my food shopping~ER in the middle of the night sucks waking up everyone....but I total solo parent~no weekends off~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am~It's work, but so is mothering for everyone. I am here though..It can't be that hard~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am and some days it is hard
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:15 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Do you guys think that it is harder then having 2 people there?? And if so why did you and your ex SO break up and was it hard decision?? Sorry I know alot of questions just thinking about alot of things and I would like to know as much as I can. So any input is greatly appreciated. Thanx!!
    LiLJeni

Comment by LiLJeni (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i'm a single mom, i have good days and bad. my main problem is dealing with her father. just this week Audrey over heard him talking to his wife about how much DISLIKED me. i'm not even sure how to deal with that one. i try so hard not to talk negatively in front of her. if i had to choose i would not want to be a single mom. 'im so scared to have another child, i'm scared that 'im gonna get stuck in the same boat. i hope things work out for you.
    Jen1o3

Answer by Jen1o3 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• im a single mom, have been since day 1. shes 6 yrs old now. its tough at times, but at the same time, i dont know any different..so its normal to me. i love being mom, wouldnt trade it for anything. one thing i love about it, is i dont have to listen to anyone, but me!! i get to make ALL the decisions, good and bad. i dont have to answer to anyone, and its great!! LOL i do have great parents tho, without them i dont know what i would do,they are my babysitter when i work. on the other hand, they wont just watch her if i wanna go out with friends..if its a special occasion they will..but..other than that no..which i get, and i completely understand. so i just literally have no life..LOL..my daughters my life!! toughest part is having to explain to her why dad isnt here..shes 6, hes been in her life for only 2 years, and 2 months ago he told me hes done!! so explaining that to her hasnt been fun..otherwise i love it
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:08 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I am a single mom who works 2 jobs. Its not hard but its not easy its more the best of both. We spend as much time as we can together. And she has family that loves her. she is just as busy as me swim classes a pony to train and animals to take care of...lol
    tattooed_mom86

Answer by tattooed_mom86 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 13, 2010