What would you do if your 16 or 17 year old DD came home pregnant and wanted to abort it?

I watch the tv show the secret life of the american teenager and one girl on there is 17 and pregnant and wants an abortion (she decided not to do it though), but wanted to know if your DD was pregnant and was wanting an abortion would you be against it or would you let her do it if that is what she wanted? I am not sure since I am against abortions I probably would try to talk her out of it. What about you?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Respect her decision and be by her side every step of the way.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am against abortions, but I also think its a womans choice, I would talk to her. I would offer all the support I could, and if she still wanted to do it after I told her how much I would help with the baby then I would support her in what she chose.
    college.mom

Answer by college.mom at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i would let her get an abortion. at 17, i would say thats probably the best decision to make unless she was set on keeping it, then i would help her do that but there would be no adoption.
    either way, its her choice, unless she wants to give it up for adoption, i wouldnt let her or i would be the one adopting it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would let her if thats what she wants.
    mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would try to talk her out of it. Make her do counseling. Make her have an ultrasound. Explain to her what her options are. Talk to her about why I hate it and why I won't be there with her if she goes, while also letting her know I wouldn't love her any less if she did have one. And then if she still wanted it, I wouldn't refuse her, it's her body, her legal right to choose.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• If she didn't want the baby I would encourage her to adopt it out. IMHO
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• first off i pray that never happens! i would make her tell me why abortion would be better than adoption. and make her discuss it with the father and his parents. but in the end it would be up to her. i would be glad she came to me about it instead of just going to the clinic and doing it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• sit her down and give her all options available with pros and cons and tell her since she is doing adult things she needs to read all of these and make an adult decison and help her the best way i can through all of it. she will be grown up enough to get a job, finish school, and pay for the baby if she does keep it.
    elizabugsmommy

Answer by elizabugsmommy at 11:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'd support her decision

Answer by admckenzie at 11:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would make sure she knows exactly what she is doing before she does anything. I mean I would make her do some serious research on how it is done and everything and make her talk to people that have had abortions and everything before she did ANYTHING!! But to just let her I dont know if I could do that because I am very pro-life
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 11:28 PM on Jul. 12, 2010