Is there any religion that totally excepts others that arent like them?

Because I have been reading all these religion topics and there are so many mean things being said to one another. So I was just wondering

LiLJeni

Asked by LiLJeni at 11:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yep. I'm a Unitarian Universalist, and our churches accept people of all kinds. No one is discriminated against.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think of my faith as what I believe and how I treat people ! God created us all and no one was created better or worse, I try to treat people like I want to be treated. I see all of us as people with special abilities and some areas that need improvement ( even myself) I have friends who are buddist, mormans, christians ( which I am ) and athists . Who am I to judge what someone believes or has faith in . I still can befriend them and care about them without slamming my religon down their thoart! after all all we all want to to live in peace and be able to get along right?
    dodie_s

Answer by dodie_s at 11:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think it is more an individual thing than a religion based thing. For every christian, atheist, pagan, muslim, what have you that gets angry and mean to the "other" there are 20 more of that same faith that are accepting. But our brains zoom in more on the bashing and drama than they do the love and acceptance. That and today did seem to have more of it than normal.  Maybe monday has everyones panties in a twist more than normal.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Buddhism?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• The Q'uran says it ok to kill your enemy which is anyone not of the same faith.. so I would assume that your answer..
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• The Q'uran says it ok to kill your enemy which is anyone not of the same faith

So does the Bible...They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13)......what was your point?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think that there are people in every religion/belief system that are excepting of others BUT I also think that every religion/belief system has those people that believe others that dont believe as they do are condemned to a horrible fate OR ignorant...depending on the beliefs. I think youor best bet is to find the religion/belief system that most aligns with yours and then make sure you conduct yourself to the best of your ability. :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:18 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think Buddhism but dont quote me.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Sikhism.

Sikhs believe "Ek Onkar' .. One God.. They believe that ALL who believe in God, believe in the one God. No matter the name they use, the manner in which they worship or the religion that one follows. That all those beliefs actions ect are aimed at the one God.l

They also believe that ALL relgions are equal, and legitimate, and all paths/beliefs are to be respected. That there is no one right/true path or religion. But that there is a right/true path for each individual.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 11:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Kristi hey dear you quoted the old testament!

Yes I know I was making a point. If I were to make another one I would quote where Jesus said he was not here to erase the old law but to fulfil it thus old testament laws should still be followed but that can be debated as a matter of interpretation. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2010