how much formula does ur 6mth old eat?

my dd is only eating sometimes 2 sometimes 3 6-oz bottles a day....this is in combination with between 1-2 jars of baby food a day also depending on how much she wants to eat...she doesnt seem to want her milk except in the morning when she wakes up and at night when she goes to bed....the bottle i give her during the day she eats but plays with it off and on till its almost all the way gone....i dont want to cut back on the baby food bc doc told me to give it to her bc she has severe reflux and she keeps food down a million times better than milk...ive been giving her really watered down juice during the day too bc its sooo hot down here in the south and she wants that more than the milk so i figure some liquids are better than none.....so my question is....do u think 2-3 bottles of milk enough for her to get the nutrients she needs? i have an appointment later this week for her shots so ill talk to her pedi then

maddie12284

Asked by maddie12284 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 8oz in the morning and about 5-6oz every 2 or 3 hours after.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i dont think you should be giving her juice. you should just give her water. juice is unnecessary.
    and has she always been like this? my son went up and down with how much formula he would drink. sometimes he would drink less, and sometimes he would drink more.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:22 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I'm a little rusty on this one... my DS is 6 months, but he's EBF. My DD ate a LOT at six months though. 3 meals a day, 1-2 jars of food at each meal, plus puffs or crunchies and she still had 8oz bottles every 3-4 hours. Usually a total of 32-40 oz a day.
    I remember the dr says 16-32 oz a day is what they are supposed to be having between 6mo and 1 yr, it all depends on the baby.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 11:25 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• it is practically water....just enough in it to flavor it really....straight water she chokes on but with a lil bit of juice she drinks it fine....and shes been like this for the past week or so...before that she was eating the same amout but having 4 bottles...so its not alot less....just wondering if its enough bc i know formula is where they get all the nutrients from
    maddie12284

Comment by maddie12284 (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Okay so you said she's having 2-3 6oz bottles basically? 2= not enough. 3=okay. But you could always go to parenting.com or whattoexpect.com or something to make sure that's right.
    Georgie0502

Answer by Georgie0502 at 11:32 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• dd drinks about 25 to 35 ounces of formula, 6 ounces at a time and a jar of babyfood daily. I wouldn't thnk with just a few bottles that they are getting enough. But I would ask your ped. To make sure.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When my son was 6 months old he was drinking about 4, 6oz bottles during the day. Between the hours of 7am and 9pm. I think it really varies on the baby. They are not all the same, and some are hungier than others lol.
    excitedmommy22

Answer by excitedmommy22 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 13, 2010