What would you do in this situation?

I swear I'm going to pull my hair out. My husband is very unreliable. There are times when he does remember important things, but more often than not he forgets. Or he falls asleep. He has sleep apnea and as a result, he falls asleep anywhere and everywhere. So in other words, I can't trust him to watch our kids. Our youngest is 2 and still needs constant supervision. Our older kids are 5 and 6, too young to help keep an eye out if I'm not here. So far...he's forgotten to go to jury duty when he had it. He's forgotten to pick up our oldest son and my sister from school. And what sparked this is tonight, he was supposed to come get me and our kids from my brothers. He said he'd be there in a few minutes. He fell back asleep and 1.5 hours later I had to get a ride with my BIL. I'm just tired of this. I can't get a job unless I find a sitter, even if he's home. I can't trust him to pick up our kids. I'm tired of doing it all.

GothicMommy3

Asked by GothicMommy3 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• why dont you help him find help for his sleep apnea?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:39 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Well I'd be just as frustrated as you are, but for better or for worse, right? Best of luck to ya.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• he is allowed to drive?
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I think I would have been tired of that along time ago. Has he been tested? Is he sleeping with a CPAP unit? If so, there is no reason for him to be sleeping like that. What would happen if you or one of the children has to be taken to the hospital? That would scare me to death. It's time for a talk. He gets help, or else.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Mines too
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• There are ways to deal with sleep apnea. He sounds very irresponsible and I never would have married a guy like that.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Have him seek treatment! Something as simple as a CPAP machine can help him get the sleep he needs at night. If he still does this on a full night's sleep, then you have another problem entirely. (Like a forgetful hubby with a convenient excuse. lol)
    MrsBlack616

Answer by MrsBlack616 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Have him take a sleep test if he hasn't already there is a mask they can prescribe to help him breathe better at night and improve his sleep to the point he will get a better sleep at night and hopefully not fall asleep during the day.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Try to get him some help. He obviously can't help that he has this issue. GL!
    ErikaM27

Answer by ErikaM27 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Okay, trying this in order. I've told him we need to get help for the apnea, he has refused to do it so far. He does drive, he's actually the only one in our home that drives because to be honest, I'm terrified to drive. He's never had an accident with us in the car, but he fell asleep and ran into a semi awhile back. That's how they found out he has sleep apnea.
    But it's getting very taxing on me, because I have to keep track of all the appointments, all the school functions, and the kids by myself. He works, but right now what he's bringing in isn't cutting it. When the kids go back to school, I'm going to try to get a job. I would do it now, but I'd have to find a sitter... so my check would simply go to pay the sitter. I'm just getting frustrated. It seems like his job is to work...and drive. Everything else is up to me. He works 40 hr weeks, for anyone who wishes to say he works all the time. IDK...maybe I'm just a bitch
    GothicMommy3

Comment by GothicMommy3 (original poster) at 11:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010