With your experiences, does is sound like labor is near?

Yes, im full term, just had to put that out there. I've had A LOT more, quite painful & frequent BH contractions which don't always go away with position change, what feel like menstral like cramps, and also every once in awhile i get that awful crampy feeling you get when you really need to move your bowels, yet im constipated. I've been getting terrible low back pain for the 1st time this pregnancy and even flank pain. I get Sharp pains in my crotch and feel a lot of pressure, especially when I sit on the toilet...that's when i get awful pressure in my butt. My hips hurt and my thighs get shooting pains. Not sure if im dilated or effaced, my dr doesnt check. But i do have an appt tomorrow for the contractions ive been having. I was at the L&D Friday night with them, they gave me stadol and tried to check my cervix but the nurse couldnt find it and said it was too far posterior for her little fingers...could i be going soon?

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like early labor. i would time the pains.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I would say so. I would go ahead and go to the er if you are in pain.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 11:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Could be close soon. If you're contractions are close together time them. If it's just discomfort and pain your feeling it's normal.
    ErikaM27

Answer by ErikaM27 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Hard telliln'. A lot of those symptoms could be attributed to a term pregnancy, and not related to labor at all. But, I do hope you get to have your little bundle in your arms soon!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It definately sounds like your body is gearing up. But no one can tell you if you're going to be in labor soon or not, not even a doctor. The good news is that your body is definately getting ready! It could be tonight or it could be in a week, but it sounds like baby is nice and low and you're having some good contractions to get things going in the right direction. Just work with your body as much as possible and stay well hydrated and nourished!

Good luck, mamma!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• sounds like it to me. time your contractions, when they are 5 minutes apart and lasting one minute minimum, you should atleast go get checked at the hospital. if its not labor they will just send you home. no prob.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2010