For my fellow Pagan moms...

Do you ever get tired of being told you're going to hell? Or that you're raise your kids the wrong way because you don't take them to church? Or that you're a devil worshiper?

I've had one hell of a day. I took my son to our local grocery store where a local church was having some sort of donation event. When i went to see what they were collecting for I was recognized from pagan pride days and they screamed at and yelled at.

SolaraDarkset

Asked by SolaraDarkset at 11:52 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm old. So when they threaten me with hell I laugh and say "I've got my handbasket ready, but don't hold your breath." I don't believe in hell, but if there is one I intend to take over. Other than in the movies, Satan hardly EVER does anything nearly as horrific as the christian god does. I'm very creative and have some really wonderful ideas for that place. But, face it, christians are a little bit like the mentally retarded. You have to expect them to erupt at the slightest moment, ranting and raving, and you have to remain calm and not let them hurt themselves. I clean and dress dolls for a church charity group called Caring Ministries. I often wonder if they would accept my donations if they knew those dollies were coming from an atheist witch?
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:31 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm not Pagan......I'm Christian and personally I really don't care what anyone else in the world believes. It's not my business what you believe in so I won't try to "convert" you to what I believe. The "Christians" that do that give every other one a bad rap. I was raised to respect everyone and everyone else's beliefs. My in-laws are Jehovah Witness' and they preach constantly to me, I listen and inside I think "Shut the hell up!!" But I don't say anything because that would just be rude to my family and show a lack of respect for them and my DH (even though he's not one). I guess I just don't understand why anyone would act that way. We're all equal, and when someone yells and screams at you they are trying to make you feel like "less of a person". So I say "Screw them".......who cares what the ignorants of the world think.....you are who you are and you're happy, that's what really matters.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 12:10 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Honestly, I'm to the point now where the only time I hear that is on here. I'm rather isolated here and all my friends and family know what and who I am. But honestly, when I do hear it, I usually just laugh... The arrogance of some people really makes my head spin, you know...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I just don't put myself in situations where I'm interacting with hateful people. It sounds to me like those jerks are already in hell if they feel that badly about themselves that they have to harp on you for your choices. It must be really miserable to have all that hate and fear in your heart.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Because of a previous experience which scared the ever living crap out of me... I do not go near christians.. if I can help it. I know that not all are bad... so, ya, I am sick of it.. I am sick of being afraid....
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 12:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm Christian myself, but I would never treat anyone that way. Seriously.....you have the right to believe what you believe and I have the right to believe what I believe. There's no excuse for making someone feel less of a person for believing what they believe in. I'm sorry that happened to you xoxoxo
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Don't you realise that these are loving followers of Christ?  You just have to read through some of the questions from yesterday to realise that!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• No one has said that to me IRL... I have Christian friends and family, and none of them have been rude at all. I definitely have never hd any one I didn't know approach me with hellfire and brimstone. Even the door-to-door religious folks have been sweet and compassionate, even though I think they were more freaked out than they let on LOL.

I'm sorry you're getting flack like that! Some people are just nuts -- and do the "soul winning" equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot.
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:54 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• WOW!!! I hate it when people act like that. Even parts of my family have said things to me because how we celebrate holidays and all. . . how I am not raising my DD right for it. . .I try to just ignore them. Doesn't always work tho. GL
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 11:55 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I am sorry that you were treated that way... IRL I do not get that bc I am Pagan, I get the nose up in the air or the Christians in some of the Churches mailing my 9 yr old bibles or the come to our Church and be saved by door knockers, why do I get this??? ... Bc I do not openly tell what my or my families beliefs are... It is of NO business to anyone.... I am Pagan, my dh is Lutheran and 9 yr old is learning of both...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010