how long after...

how long after your mucus plug comes out when you go into labor? because i just lost it(pretty sure because of the description the internet gives describes what i just had) and if I also have bad lower back pain... could I still have a week before I go into labor? I am scheduled another week at work so I am wondering if I should not go into work tomorrow or keep going until my water actually breaks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i lost it about 4 weeks before i went into labor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• It can be right before labor begins or it can be weeks before. Keep going to work until you're in labor or your water breaks :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I lost mine around 5am, went to work and was there all day and ended up at the hospital around 4pm - but I have heard of women losing theirs and not going into labor for weeks - it just depends on the person. I know that is what everyone says, but it is true. It is even different with each pregnancy.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I lost mine the day before I went into labor, but I've heard of women losing it weeks before going into labor so I would just take it as a warning that labor "could" be close.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• w/ ds#1, i lost it 4 days before labor. w/ ds#2, i lost it 2-3 wks before labor.
    the mucus plug constantly rebuilds itself. so, even though you have lost some of it, you will keep losing it until labor. it is showing you that your body is preparing for labor, whenever that maybe. you body is doing what it's supposed to.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:19 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• what exactly is a mucus plug? this is my first pregnancy and i have no idea what any of this means haha, message me please and tell me, somebody. lol
    aliciamarie1012

Answer by aliciamarie1012 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 13, 2010