Need answer ASAP!!! Going camping what can I use for insect repellent on 3 month old????

I need to know where I can buy some insect repellent for my 12 week son. He puts his hands in his mouth all the time, I am taking him camping and dont want him to get bit up by misquitos. Do they even make it safe for infants. Everything I found says it is very irritating to eyes and also says wash off you hands after applying??? I am thinking maybe one of those new clip on bug repellent things that is made by OFF?? Any help

wood1980

Asked by wood1980 at 11:54 PM on Jul. 12, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would put the bug repelant on clothing not on the baby. You can alslo put mosquito net around the playpen, bassinet and whatever he is in.

Even some "all natural" things can irritate a babies skin. Here is an all natural way that does not go on the skin

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Natural-Outdoor-Fly-Repellent-with-Essential-Oils

Good luck!
    beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 1:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Baby OFF
    TexasPride85

Answer by TexasPride85 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• I know you can get baby safe off. But what we always did was used the bug nets over top of my son's stroller and play pen.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• i would really call ur doc and get their advice. but i would just try to keep him in a net tent and they have those bug nets for carseats and strollers. and use bug candles all around and maybe even spray around where he will be. have fun!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Where can I buy that BABY OFF? I went to Target, Walgreens, and Babies R us and havent found anything
    wood1980

Comment by wood1980 (original poster) at 11:58 PM on Jul. 12, 2010

• Some people SWEAR by Skin So Soft by Avon. Personally, I can't STAND the smell of it, so I never used it, but you could try it.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I was hoping for something all natural that was safe if he got it in his mouth
    wood1980

Comment by wood1980 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Oh, and Inever thought Skin-So-Soft worked very well. Mosquitos LOVE me :( I have tried so many things!
    beanielips

Answer by beanielips at 1:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• you can look into getting the insect repellent bands. many places sell them. cvs, walgreens, many online sites.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 10:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2010