? About Ambien

I was prescribed Ambien. I was on it a few years ago. I was just put back on. I took 5 mg as it said about an hour ago. Still up. I have been looking online and it says the normal dosage for an adult is 10mg. I need to sleep since I have to work early in the morning but I'm scared to take another pill. What should I do? Anyone have any experience with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Health

• I've taken more than prescribed, but that isn't always smart. Ambien really messes me up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• LOL! I only took ambien once and I can't remember if I took five or 10. All I know is, that was the only time in my life I've ever Hallucinated! I've never drank alcohol or even had narcotics, so it really had an impact. I was laying in bed and the window was changing shapes and dancing around. Fortunately, I knew what was going on.

The next morning I got up feeling fine and then when i looked at my husband, there was something weird about his face and I was staring at him really hard but couldn't figure out what it was. Then I threw up and went back to bed to sleep it off! Good luck there!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:42 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I was prescribed 10mgs, i have taken a whole 10mgs one night and slept for 3 hours and then was up for another 8 hours and then went back to bed. I work nights and sometimes my nights are stressful so its hard for me to sleep because i am so jazzed up. If you have taken one 10 mg i dont know if i would take another because taking that much can mess with you (the 10mg has messed with when i have woke up). it might affect you at work. do you have any relaxation methods?
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 12:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• OP here. I have the 5 mg pill. I took it over an hour ago and nothing is happening. I don't know of any other techniques. I'm in a dark room and was laying down on the couch. What else can I try?

Sarina.c.c

Answer by Sarina.c.c at 12:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• bump please
    Sarina.c.c

Answer by Sarina.c.c at 1:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2010