Does anything help with sore feet and ankles swelling?

csmomma2010

Asked by csmomma2010 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, Moderate the amount of time you spend on your feet, soak them in epsom salts or a nice foot soak, (earth mama angel baby makes a good one) and put them up for a half an hour for each hour you are on them.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:43 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• lowering salt intake. increasing fluid, namely water.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• getting into a pool, it helps support the uterus and helps your body shed excess fluids through the kidneys
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 12:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• stay off your feet and keep them elevated. decrease your salt intake and drink lots of fluids/water.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• PS...make sure you talk to your doctor about it...because it can mean different stuff like preclampsya (sp?)
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• yes, I cried when my feet swoll for the first time, I couldn't even put on my tennis shoes, it was horrible. My manager recommended I soak my feet in warm salty water, I did and it worked! I did that everyday and it def helped! I didn't go a day w/o it!
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My feet swell really bad the last couple of months of pregnancy.  What I did this time was jam my feet into my already tied shoes every morning.  Depending on how swelled up they are it could really hurt but after a few minutes the swelling would go down and I could walk and within 30 minutes the swelling in my feet was gone (of course it all went in my ankles and lower legs but at least I could walk without pain).  Been doing that the last 3 weeks because staying off my feet isn't an option with 4 kids and no car and being the sole person to do grocery shopping and errands (which means walking everywhere).  I also elevate them at night and try to drink a lot of water.  My feet were horribly swollen this morning, I was out all day on my feet and they are fine now because I wore my shoes all day.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Put your feet up
    HeIsMyWorld2009

Answer by HeIsMyWorld2009 at 1:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i know exactly what your going through, its hard when you have to be on your feet like me, i work at a restaurant and i stand on my feet for 8 or 9 hours at a time, straight.. and it gets rough. i come home with my feel so swollen it makes me wanna cry. i just soak my feet and elevate them for atleast an hour everyday after i get home until the swelling goes down.. have your sig. other rub them too, at night :) it feels so good :)
    aliciamarie1012

Answer by aliciamarie1012 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My doctor told me to up your water intake (as backwards as that sounds), limit salt, and try to elevate your feet above your heart for at least 20 minutes a day. That alows it all to drain better. Just propping your feet up can help it from getting worse, but to get it better, try to elevate them above the heart so they can drain.
    jillybean703

Answer by jillybean703 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 13, 2010