how do i handle my mother?

lets just say if murder was legal she would be dead. i cant stand her!!!! She was upset because my 13 year old brother is a criminal and my dad is 20 years her senior who suffers from the early stages of alzhiemers. i understand her being upset about that and maybe she misunderstood when i told her that i couldnt come for dinner last night after planning it earlier in the day... she had already changed plans on me once that day. but anyways she called and invited me to dinner yesterday morning and i said sure then at 430 i called and said ds was acting up because he was just too tired. she didnt hear that he was tired cause she totally flipped out. i ended up hanging up on he cause really didnt want to talk to her when she was acting like that. so now she wont let me use the car to take my daughter on a court ordered visit tomorrow which is an hours drive away... am i over reacting or is she right?

mommy06and09

Asked by mommy06and09 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Relationships

• you are both wrong.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Just tell her you are sorry for upsetting her and she'll be fine then get the car. I'm always quick to say I'm sorry even if I didn't do anything wrong in order to get what I need.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:20 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• honestly, I can see your point and I can see hers. 430 is a little late to cancel for dinner but she shouldn't take it out on you like that by taking away the car. Maybe you guys can talk it over and figure it out some other way. In part I think you should apologize for canceling so late on her maybe that'll break the ice.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 3:23 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• You're not over reacting. Maybe she wanted to spend time if you and was disappointed and let her feelings cloud her judgement. Give her some time.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 11:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2010