When you are sick how do you "protect" your kids from getting it?

The last few months I have been ill on and off. I found out 2 weeks ago that I had/have strep throat. I got a shot at the ER and was finally able to get in to see my doctor today. She thinks I may have mono and is running a few other tests to confirm.

Problem: I have 3 little ones and am a SAHM. I have been using Lysol and keeping the floors clean with an anitbacterial product and washing my hands often.

What else can I do? :(

love2snorkel70

Asked by love2snorkel70 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Health

• Try to have a friend to help or your hubby , to do some chores, wear a mask, wash all clothes with warm water, try to use distraction to your kids as a way to keep the a little away from you , like take them outside a while , make a special kiss were they can kiss you in a different way without touching your face and viceversa, the key is to be creative while you pass this time , spray Lysol on phones doors, etc... use tour speaker instead , if you don't have a dishwasher machine have plates forks and cup just for you, ! good luck and get better soon.
    violetlady

Answer by violetlady at 1:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• face mask....that's about it.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• wash pillow cases, tooth brushes~watch for fevers in the little ones~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• definitely use medical masks, anti bac. and keep surfaces clean!!! And definitely don't share a cup. . .lol might be silly but it is commonly forgotten about! GL
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 1:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• IDK but I bumped it so you can get an answer
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:55 AM on Jul. 13, 2010