What's your OCD??

I have a few but right now in my life it is menu planning. I find myself checking and rechecking that I have the food in the house to make at least 30 different meals AND I can create 30 varying meals with the food I have available.Usually right at payday we have about 10 days of food (staples not preferences) in the house and I get nervous. OR is this normal (stay at home mom of "starving" tweenaged boys) summer thinking???

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 1:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think my only one is that the volume on the tv has to be an even number. I refuse to listen to the tv if its on volume 15 or 9 it has to be more like 16 or 18 anything number thats even.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Not sure if it's normal, but I really should "catch" this from you:) I never have food in this house. I'm not a cook and I don't like grocery shopping.
    My OCD is a clean house and a house that smells good. I'm always cleaning and spraying air fresheners:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i dont really have one at home..buit at work my ocd is all the moey has to be facing the same direction...and i work the stores cash office, so im dealing with all the money that we get, and yaaa, its very frustrating when its not all facing the same direction, and very time consuming when i change it so that its the way i like it..lol..but..thats how it HAS to be (in my opinion)

and when moneys in my wallet, it has to all be the same direction to..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:11 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i have to have all doors open all the way or closed all the way, not have open......If there is something on the floor in my eye sight i have to move/pick it up or ill keep lookin at it, i also cant have nothing by they tv while watching it
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I was diagnosed with OCD in April and my big thing is every time I stand up no matter what I'm going to do, I go right to the kitchen or bathroom and wash my hands then do whatever I planned to do, then I wash them again before I sit back down. I also write my bills out almost 1,000 time a month (no joke) just to make sure we can budget them. I also wash my kitchen counters and table 100+ times a day and sweep about 50 times a day even when none of it is dirty. I hate having OCD because it seems like all I do is clean and plan and in reality that's all I do!!!! I am on medication for it an so far it has not helped because I've actually picked up a few new ones, such as brushing my teeth 20 times a day when I used to slack at those and I change my clothes every time I go upstairs no matter what it's for. So yeah I have a lot to do in a day LOL!!!!
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:17 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Im OCD about everything
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:28 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• jnsdrf...oh hon...have you watched any of that show the OCD Project on VH1? I see what that guy is doing for these people and I just think Wow...to be held down by these OCD symptoms would be a really hard life to live. I really feel for you and hope that you find a way to recover and lead a happy life again. Life should be much more than cleaning and planning. My mother in law is telling me to stop cleaning and spend more time with my kids because they are only young once...you'll always be cleaning. Just take each day at a time and try to re think the patterns you've created...
    As far as myself...I don't know why but I will not tear off a paper towel or a toilet tissue with a jagged/ crooked edge. I have to have it straight edged or I'm re-doing it. This probably stems from my stormphobia. It seems like everytime there is a bad storm I didn't check the edge of the torn roll of paper.
    truetigress

Answer by truetigress at 2:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2010