Has anyone ever dilated during the end of their pregnancy without loosing their mucus plug?

michelle146

Asked by michelle146 at 1:33 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No - I have had 3 children and each one was late. With my last child, I didn't dilate until I was 41 weeks and a day. And I lost the mucus plug about a day before the contractions were close enough to allow me to go to the hospital
    dinaca81

Answer by dinaca81 at 1:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• After being in labor for 8 hours, I lost the plug. Baby came out minutes after...
    So I would say I was very dilated, yes.

I don't do cervix checks during pregnancy so I don't know what I was and how early, for how long...
    I encourage moms to avoid unnecessary interventions, this is an important one!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:47 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i'm dilated 2 cm and i still have my plug and no signs of labor
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I was dilated to 2 for the last month of my pregnancy but didn't lose my plug until the day before I went into labor.
    Ashes0813

Answer by Ashes0813 at 6:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2010