27wks and considering changing name...

We've had our name picked out since our 1st baby and it was a boy and now we're hving a girl so we just agreed we'd use the name we thought of when we were preg with our 1st. I've told everyone thats the name we've recieved a couple gifts with the name on them embroieded and a shelf with her name. Lately though I'm thinking I dont want that name anymore. I can't tell if its bc I really wanna change it or bc we just recently met some new people and they have a daughter with that name and she drives me crazy and it seems like ever since Ive wanted to change it. I keep telling myself don't change the name its what you've called her the entire time shes been in ur belly and when shes born and u put the name with her face you'll love it again. Think this will happen? Or do you think I'll wish I would have changed it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had a similar situation - I had the perfect name picked out for months, and then my husband told me that his sister-in-law named her dog the same name. I was flabbergasted. But I ended up keeping the name (because no other name fit her) - I just changed the spelling =)
    dinaca81

Answer by dinaca81 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If you really love the name keep it!!
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:39 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Well, if you've always liked the name, might as well go with it otherwise you may regret not using it when your lil' one is born. Hope you figure out what to do :)
    shaniac

Answer by shaniac at 1:44 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If you have another name you like better now then change it, I can see how a really annoying kid could make you toss the name out! We thought about naming DD Kennedy, it was DH's pick, but luckily didn't and now our neighbor girl is Kennedy and I honestly can't stand that kid! I'm sooooo glad DD doesn't have her name!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• When my first was born we had chosen names already (Heck we did that on our first date...lol kinda punctual I know) Anyway...I learned after that Amber Lynn was actually the name of a porn star. But my heart was set on Amber Lynn. What I found out was when my daughter was born and she was born with FIERY red hair..Amber Lynn had fit her to a "T"..everyone raved about her name and how it fit my daughter so well. SO bottom line is...whatever name you choose for your daughter make it one that you and your husband love...chances are the name you choose will be defined differently than the girl who's name makes you cringe now. Get this...my second daughter's name is Emily Rose...and yep...not long after, that movie was released "The Exorcism of Emily Rose"..we thought of changing it but we'd already loved it and wanted to keep it. So my lil "porn star" and my "satan seed" daughter were born and each one loves their name. *S*
    truetigress

Answer by truetigress at 2:26 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• If you feel the same way when your child is born then go with your gut instinct and name your child what you want...whether it's different or not. It's OK to change a billion times while you're pregnant. You have until you leave the hospital to come up with a name.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 2:40 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• My mom never named her babies until she saw them, then she picked the name that suited the child best. If you feel this baby inside of you and that name doesn't fit, then change it. I can't imagine growing up my whole life with the wrong name :) Best of luck :)
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 6:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I say wait until the baby is born and then decide. As for the gifts I can't believe people bought you stuff with the child's name on it before birth. You do realize that ultrasound sex predictions are not 100% right? You could still end up having a boy any way. My son wasn't named until he was born because we couldn't agree on a name and our daughter had 2 names until she was born because we couldn't decide.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:49 AM on Jul. 13, 2010