I have carpel tunnel in my right hand I think. Anyone else have this problem during Pregnancy?

Actually as I type it is hurting. I go to school online. Im also 27 weeks pregnant. What am I supposed to do to make it feel better? My doctor is on vacation so Im not sure what I am supposed to do and it hurts like hell :( Anyone with any info would be helpful thanks!

velvetnbrielle

Asked by velvetnbrielle at 1:59 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've had it for over 20yrs now and it was worse during pregnancy.. Go to CVS/or what ever pharmacy you have by you and get the braces to wear at night or when ever they hurt. Designed to open up the hand and relieve the pain alittle bit.. Get your nails done where they also massage the hands and that helps too..
    At night when they'd go numb I just hang them over the bed and it makes the numbness go away a lot quicker.. They hurt the most right before it rains.. I can tell if it's going to rain a day ahead of time without the TV...LOL...
    halleyquinn

Answer by halleyquinn at 11:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I did and I just went to my local convenient care told them i was pregnant and they told me what to do.
    mmlzrl91

Answer by mmlzrl91 at 2:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• i had the same thing. in both hands and down my arm. i have no good news for right now but it will go away after you have your baby! : ) i am sorry, at least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel! congratulations!!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 2:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I have it but it's not because of my pregnancy, I got it from working at starbucks...but yes it sucks it gets numb really quick and it hurts, and I can't hold stuff because I have no strenght, Unfortunately I don't think there is a cure, once you have it you have it. It sucks there are exercises you can do. I'd let your doctor know.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:07 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Me. Still have it at 32 weeks. I was told there wasn't much I could do. I tried ace bandages and braces and they didn't help at all.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 7:41 AM on Jul. 13, 2010