Do you think it's easier to raise a boy than it is a girl as far as being a teenager?

angelb123

Asked by angelb123 at 2:52 AM on Jul. 13, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:53 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I will let you know in 10 + years, lol. Sorry no help here.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 2:54 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Well my step-son just turned 13 and his mouth is out of control. My DD is 2 and she is the normal 2 yrs old so I will let you all know.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I've always heard that raising a teenage boy is easier than a teenage girl, but it may just depend on the relationship each parent has with their child. My mother had a significantly harder time with me than my brother, but my relationship with my father was so great that it was easier for him with me.
    prettyk8machine

Answer by prettyk8machine at 2:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• depends on the child, and depends on the parent
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 3:04 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Definately a boy from my experience. Have 3 girls and 1 boy so maybe not adequate experience. I also know that I was a right B... when I was a teenager.
    Anne-Marie457

Answer by Anne-Marie457 at 5:02 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I'm not sure. Being very stereotypical here I'm going to say that the "average" teenage boy is probably easier than the average girl, because teenage girls tend to be very mouthy and emotional, and boys tend to keep their feelings to themselves. But if your comparing "difficult" teenage boys and girls. I would rather deal with the girl. Difficult teen boys can be very frightening.
    lovemydivas

Answer by lovemydivas at 8:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• It is hard to raise any teenager. There are difficulties in raising either gender. They can both be hard to communicate with, moody shape shifting, and hormonal. My DD is definitely more emotional than my DS, but my son is many times harder to get through to. He internalizes many things where my DD will argue to the death. Neither is easier. I do feel that boys are not as closely monitored as girls, and can do more serious harm when left to their own devices. Every child is different though.
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 9:21 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• Coming feom a mom with two girls and a boy, I would have to say boys are much better!!!! bumped ya!

Answer by older at 11:05 AM on Jul. 13, 2010

• I only have boys, but knowing their friends that are girls I don't envy their parents. Girls tend to be catty, vindictive, mouthy and emotional - I would just be entirely too annoyed. Don't get me wrong boys are mouthy and emotional as well and it can be a headache, but overall I don't have to deal with the extra drama because they are much more laid back, things really don't bother them much at all. Plus we have a really good relationship so I guess that helps too.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 12:52 PM on Jul. 13, 2010